Routine clinic times are generally from 8.40am -11.40am, and then from 3.30pm - 5.30pm.
Appointments can be made in person, by telephone (01795 562011, 01795 562012 or 01795 562004) or via our on-line booking system.
Please note appointments are booked for 10 minutes. If you feel that your case is going to be more complicated than this, please book a longer appointment. Please do not bring a list of unrelated problems to be dealt with in one appointment.
We offer a range of different appointments as below:
Pre-bookable Routine appointments
- We offer advanced booking for routine appointments, which can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance depending on availability.
- Please phone the surgery later in the morning or afternoon to book a routine appointment in advance. This is to allow patients who need to see a GP urgently on the day to get through on the telephone in the early morning.
- The easiest way for you to book an advanced routine appointment is via the on-line appointment system, as this will allow you to see the widest range of convenient appointments available.
- If you have a problem that you think cannot wait for a routine appointment we will try and see you on the same day. Please remember that these appointments are to deal with urgent issues only. You may be seen by either a Paramedic Practitioner or a GP.
- We offer telephone consultation appointments which are very useful in dealing with queries that don't require physical examination or face to face discussion.
- If you think your problem can be dealt with over the telephone, we can offer you a booked telephone consultation when the doctor/nurse will telephone you. This can often greatly save your time. Having spoken to you, if the doctor/nurse decides you need to be seen, an appropriate arrangement can be made on the spot.
- Please note that the surgery dials out from a withheld number (we do not own the telephone system so are unable to change this). If your phone doesn't accept withheld numbers then we will not be able to phone you back. Please supply us with an alternate telephone number, such as a mobile, that we can use to phone you.
- If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else. Any appointments which are not cancelled will count as a DNA (Did Not Attend). Repeated DNAs will result in your ability to book appointments online being disabled, as well as us asking you to register at another practice.
Evening and Weekends
- When the practice is closed, please ring 111 for medical help or information.
- The Minor Injury Unit is open 8am to 8pm seven days a week and is able to see minor illnesses when the practice is closed.