We have a computerised repeat prescription service. Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment. Your doctor will decide who can have a repeat prescription. From time-to-time we will ask you to see your doctor to review your medications.
You can ask for a repeat prescription:
- In person - drop your repeat slip into the prescription box near reception with the required items clearly marked. If you have mislaid your slip, white request forms are available near the prescription box.
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By fax - to 01795 562014
- On-line - Please see below and download a registration form
- By email - email@example.com
When requesting prescriptions not on your repeat slip, please give the exact drug names and dosages when ordering. Please allow at least 3 working days notice before collecting your prescription at the surgery or at least 4 working days if collecting from the pharmacy. If requests are being posted, please allow extra time for the request to reach the surgery.
We do not take requests for repeat prescriptions over the telephone because of the possibility of error.
Online Patient Access
Since our move to a new computer system (EMIS) our new and improved online services are now available. This service is known as Patient Access and enables you to do the following:
- Book and cancel appointments to see your GP
- Request repeat prescriptions
- View parts of your Medical Record:
- Current medications
- Update your personal details.
With Patient Access, you can now access your local GP services at home, work or on the move — wherever you can connect to the internet. What's more, because Patient Access is a 24 hour online service you can do this in your own time, day or night. It is easy to use: simply follow the prompts and screens online.
You can register for this service online here, but you cannot view any services or features until you attend the surgery with proof of your ID. Alternatively you can attend the surgery with your proof of ID to get a registration letter which you can use to create an account on the Patient Access website. If you have already provided proof of your ID previously with us when using Vision online services, we do not need to recheck your ID.
- Identity verification follows legal, professional and ethical standards. To register for this service you must bring along two documents, one of which needs to be a form of photo ID, so that we are able to verify your identity.
- Any two of the following three documents are acceptable according to the government approved list of acceptable documents: passport, driving license, bank statement.
- If you are unable to provide us with sufficient documentation, then you will not be able to register for this service.I
- f you are registering on behalf of someone you are the carer for, please ensure they confirm and sign the form next to Patient consent under the I AM THE CARER FOR section.
- Due to the Data Protection Act 1998, If you are registering on behalf of a patient who is under the age of 16 please be aware that upon the patients 16th Birthday their account will be disabled and they will need to re-register using their own details.
- Patient’s under the age of 16 will have access to Book and cancel GP appointments ONLY. The other services that Patient Access offers are ONLY available to Patients aged 16 or over.
Click here to access Patient Access
Please note that there is an issue with using Safari on iOS devices to access the Patient Access services. We suggest you download the App instead.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow three full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account. If collecting from the pharmacy allow 4 days. Postal requests will take considerably longer.