Welcome to Faversham Medical Practice
Our mission statement:
"At Faversham Medical Practice we aim to provide health care in a professional and compassionate manner and we are committed to delivering a high quality service to our patients."
Flu Clinic Dates
We are now starting to book flu clinic dates-check here to see if you are eligible for a NHS flu vaccine. Additional dates will be added later
Please remember that there are different flu vaccinations for patients under 65 years and over 65 years. This is calculated on the date that the vaccination is actually given. If you are not in the correct vaccination group on the day of the vaccination, you will be asked to rebook to the correct vaccination group date. The practice will not be reimbursed by NHS England for the vaccination if it is given for the wrong age group.
We appreciate patients booking to get their flu vaccinations done at the practice (rather than elsewhere) as this helps support us to offer other services to patients.
Please either phone or speak to our receptionists to book for a flu jab.
- Saturday 28th September (10.30am to 1.00pm) 65 and over
- Tuesday 1st October (8.00am - 6.00pm) 65 and over
- Thursday 3rd October (8.00am - 6.00pm) 65 and over
- Tuesday 8th October (8.00am - 6.00pm) 65 and over
- Thursday 10th October (8.00am - 10.30am) 65 and over
- Saturday 12th October (10.30 - 1.00pm) 65 and over
- Monday 14th October (8.30am – 4.30pm) 18-64 years only
- Tuesday 15th October (8.00am – 3.00pm) 18-64 years only
- Wednesday 16th October (1.00pm - 4.30pm) 65 and over
- Thursday 17th October (8.30am - 1.00pm) 65 and over
- Saturday 19th October (10.30am - 1.00pm) 65 and over
- Tuesday 22nd October (8.30am - 6.30pm) 65 and over
- Saturday 2nd November (10.30am - 1.00pm) 18-64 years only
- Tuesday 5th November (8.30am - 6.30pm) 18-64 years only
- Saturday 9th November (10.30am - 1.30pm) 65 and over
- Wednesday 13th November (8.30am - 1.30pm) 65 and over
- Saturday 23rd November (10.30am - 1.00pm) 18-64 years only
- Tuesday 26th November (3.00pm - 6.30pm) 18-64 years only
- Wednesday 27th November (8.30am - 12.30pm) 18-64 years only
- Friday 29th November (8.30am - 12.30pm) 65 and over
- Saturday 30th November (10.30am - 1.00pm) 18-64 years only
- Saturday 7th December (10.30am - 1.00pm) 65 and over
- Saturday 14th December (10.30am - 1.00pm) 18-64 years only
Electronic Prescription Service
The practice now uses the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS). This will allow us to issue your prescription electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. We may already have a pharmacy recorded for you, but you will need to let us know if you wish to continue to use that pharmacy for this service.
Please see this leaflet for further information EPS Leaflet
Click this link for further information.
Practice training afternoons
The practice will be closed from 1pm on Thursday 23rd January 2020 for mandatory staff training. The practice will be open again at 8am on Friday 24th January 2020. Canterbury and Coastal Consortium Group have arranged out-of-hours GP cover for the afternoon which can be accessed by dialing 111.
The Minor Injury Unit will still be open from 8am-8pm every day and will be able to see any Minor Injuries or Minor Illness whilst the practice is closed. This is open to all patients, whether you are registered with a Faversham GP or not.
When the practice is closed, please dial 111 if you;
- Need medical help fast, but it's not a 999 emergency
- Don't know who to call for medical help or don't have a GP
- Think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
- Need health information or reassurance about what to do next.
The HPV (Human Papillomavirus) vaccine has been offered to all girls in school year 8 for over ten years. From September 2019 the vaccine will also be offered to year 8 boys.
This is because the evidence is clear that the HPV vaccine helps protect both boys and girls from HPV-related cancers (such as cervical cancer, some mouth and throat cancers, and some cancers of the anus and genital areas).
School Immunisation Services will be offering the HPV universal programme in all schools for September 2019. The first dose will be given in Year 8 and the second dose will be given in Year 9.
There is no catch-up programme for boys in the older year groups hence only boys in Year 8 from September 2019 will be eligible for the HPV vaccination.
More details about the HPV vaccination here.
We have been informed from Public Health England that due to a national shortage of screeners, the turn-around time for cervical samples to be processed by the local laboratory is currently 10 weeks.
The laboratory will send you the results of the cervical smear directly and will let you know if any further action is needed.
Your GP practice will not receive the results any quicker than you, and they are unable to get your results processed any faster-please be patient.
Currently in Kent and Medway, less than half of our eligible population have attended for their shingles vaccine. Vaccination can help patients avoid the pain and complications caused by shingles.
Eligible patients aged 70-76 and 78-79 can have the vaccine (there is a rolling programme to cover all ages from 70-79 years old). A shingles calculator (you will need to open the file in Adobe Acrobat in order to use the fill in date form) is available to help you determine if you are eligible to have the vaccination.
Faversham Minor Injuries Unit
The practice now runs the Minor Injuries Unit at the Faversham Health Centre.
It is available to all patients both in and out of Faversham.
It is open from 8 AM till 8 PM 7 days a week, including Bank Holidays.
You can get help for any Minor Injuries, cuts, wounds, grazes, eye and ear injuries, bites, abscesses, falls, burns, sprains, strains and foreign bodies.
You can also get treatment for Minor Illnesses for problems like infections, rashes, emergency contraception (morning after pill), coughs and colds when your GP surgery is closed
We are pleased to announce our overall CQC rating as "Good" with several areas as "Outstanding".
(Site updated 18/11/2019)